1. Double stop-dog system for long unsupported lengths 2. Optimised opening system for fast opening of the crossbars either from the left or right 3. High holding force of the crossbars 4. Sliding surfaces on the side for operation "on the side" 5. Tested and proven mounting bracket 6. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket 7.Series 2400 and 2450 openable along the inner radius 8. Series 2450 half e-tube openable along the inner radius, from both sides 9. Enclosed e-tube Series 2480 openable along the inner radius 10. Diverse modular interior separations 11. Easy assembly due to optimised pins 12. Also available as ESD version 13. Strain relief tooth - separator with integrated strain relief Series E 2500 available in the ESD product range Series 2500 ESD
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (at 1.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 46mmChain links per m: 22Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 1.5 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.7 m travel = 3.3 m
From 10 m to max. 100 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
7 widths and 9 bend radii
Modular interior separation
Serie 2500 with extender crossbars 2500 e-chain® with extender crossbars
Practical tool for opening and closing of e-chains® of series E2/000
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: Optional full-width shelves
Option 3: Optional shelves
Option 1: Standard Option 2 - Optional full-width shelves As standard, separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Slotted separator 202 Vertical separation in e-chains®. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. Separator with wide base* 201.28 If you want wider spacing between the separators or if they are to be fixed in position, e.g. in 90° applications. (*For side-mounted applications) Side plate 203 Side plate for use with full-width shelf 220.X and slotted separator 202. Full-width shelf 220.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. For full-width separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 3 levels. 25.1 standard – for all uses Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and stability in e-chains® 25.1 Faster installation of cables Secure seating on one side with wide base, opposite side narrow for easy installation of cables. 25.3 For many thin cables Separator with narrow base for many thin cables fitted side by side. Space-saving, secure state – for e-chains®. 25.4 For e.g. side-mounted applications Asymmetrical separator, results in defined clearance and spacers can be dispensed with. 2300.X Horizontal interior separation Locks securely into separators at both ends, giving a fixed width. Separators can be moved freely over the shelf in horizontal direction and can be fitted at one height.
Option 2: - Optional full-width shelves As standard, separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Slotted separator 202 Vertical separation in e-chains®. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. Separator with wide base* 201.28 If you want wider spacing between the separators or if they are to be fixed in position, e.g. in 90° applications. (*For side-mounted applications) Side plate 203 Side plate for use with full-width shelf 220.X and slotted separator 202. Full-width shelf 220.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. For full-width separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 3 levels.
Option 3: Optional shelves As a standard feature, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Middle plate 2020 for modular shelving with shelves 2200.X in height increments of 5 mm on 3 levels. Height slot separator 2040For very fine interior separation. Without notches for shelves, freely movable. Side plate 2030 Side plate for use with middle plate 2020, height slot separator 2040 and shelf 2200. Shelf 2200 In the case of cables with different diameters, shelves can be used at different heights. They can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 3 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
guidefast guide trough
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 92.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 92.31
Installation sets, Part No. 92.50. XX
1. Sample support tray L = 400mm, Series 1500.050
2. Support can be adjusted vertically and horizontally
3. Trough clip
4. Countersunk screw – M6 x 20
5. Washer – A 6.4
6. Hexagon nut – M6
guidefast – modular system for crane girders and standard indoor cranes
Trough for quick and easy side mounting on the crane girder of standard indoor cranes. Available as a complete package for indoor cranes in the modular system: E2/000 + chainflex® cables + guidefast trough.
guidefast product line overview
Assembly using welded bolts or bolt directly onto the crane girder.
1. Support, long version 2. Support, short version Standard distance between supports: 1 trough bracket per metre
Fastener – provides connection for two trough sections without any misalignment
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration