1. Openable left and right, accessible from above 2. Lateral gliding surfaces for side-mounted operation 3. Large pins - long service life 4. Chamfered opening - easy assembly 5. Small pitch for quiet, smooth running 6. Integrated strain relief option 7. Cable-friendly interior separation 8. Dirt-repelling outer contour 9. Modular interior separation
Available inner widths Bi: 38 to 103 mmAvailable bending radii R: 55 to 250 mmPitch: 27,8 mm per link = 36 links/m
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (at 1.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 27,8mmChain links per m: 36Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 2 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.2 m travel = 2.4 m
From 10 m to max. 100 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
3 interior separation options
2 mounting bracket variants
Different strain relief options are possible
4 widths and 9 bend radii
Practical tool for opening and closing of e-chains® of series E2/000
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 1: Standard As a standard feature, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Standard slotted separator 2551 and slotted separator 2553Vertical separation in e-chains®. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. (The retrofit you want to do determines which separator to use) Full-width shelf 220.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. For a continuous interior separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 3 levels. Shelf 2200.X In the case of cables with different diameters, shelves can be used at different heights. They can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 3 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 92.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 92.31
Installation sets, Part No. 92.50. XX
Data protection declaration