1. Excellent protection for cables and hoses, from hot chips as well 2. Outer radius lid can be removed 3. Large pins, high strength 4. Smooth swarf-repellent outer contour 5. Small pitch for quiet smooth running6. Fully enclosed 7. KMA mounting brackets with fully enclosed mounting option 8. Strain relief separator - Separator with integrated strain relief tiewrap plates for use on the first or last chain link
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 20 mm (at 0.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 30.3 mmChain links per m: 33Travel: STube length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run
From 5,0 m to max. 50 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 50 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 2.0m and 5,0m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
4 mounting bracket variants
5 widths and 8 bend radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Separators
Option 1 - Separators Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chain® - As standard, separators are always fitted every 2nd chain link! Standard division with separator 482 Strain relief separator 482.ZR can be integrated in the mounting bracket and can also be placed in any position
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
Steel - one-piece
Angled polymer bracket
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M8 x 20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: noise dampening strip
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
Data protection declaration