1. Optimised opening system for fast opening of the crossbars, either from the left or right 2. Double stop-dog system for large unsupported length 3. High holding force of the brackets 4. Lateral sliding surfaces for side-mounted operation 5. Proven fixed mounting bracket 6. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket 7. Semi-closed e-tube Series 2650 8. Series 2600 and 2650 openable along the inner radius 9. Closed e-tube Series 2680 10. Diverse modular interior separations 11. Easy assembly due to optimised pins 12. Also available as ESD version 13. Strain relief tooth - separator with integrated strain relief
Please note: Before using this series on long travels, please consult igus®. We recommend an e-chain® that is openable in the outer radius for long travels. Example: Series 2700
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 35 mm (at 2 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 56mmChain links per m: 18Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 1.5 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 2.2 m travel = 4.4 m
From 10 m to max. 120 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 120 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 5.0m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
8 widths and 6 bend radii
3 interior separation options
5 mounting bracket variants
Different strain relief options are possible
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: full-width shelf
Option 3: Optional shelves
Option 1: Standard As a standard feature, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! 35.1 standard – for all uses Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and stability in e-chains® 35.2 Faster installation of cables Firm seating on one side, with wide base, opposite side narrow for easy installation of cables. 35.3 For many thin cables Separator with narrow base for many thin cables fitted side by side. Space-saving, secure state – for e-chains®. 35.4 For e.g. side-mounted applications Asymmetrical separator, results in defined clearance and spacers can be dispensed with. 35.5 Locks in securely in 2.5 mm increments The locking separator can be positioned exactly. Recommended for side-mounted applications. 3200.X horizontal interior separation Locks securely into the separator at both ends, allowing a fixed width. Can be used as a full-width shelf for integrated interior separation or as a shelf for modular shelving at three levels.
Option 2: Full-width shelves As standard, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Slotted separator 26501 Vertical separation in e-tubes. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. Full-width shelf 220.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. For full-width separation. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 5 levels.
Option 3: Optional shelves As a standard feature, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Height slot separator, open 276 Quick installation - can be retrofitted in existing separation system without dismantling. Shelf 2200.X In the case of cables with different diameters, shelves can be used at different heights. They can be arranged in steps of 5 mm on 5 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
Plastic - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 95.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 95.31
Installation sets, Part No. 95.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration