1. Straight run through inner/outer-link design2. Quiet operation through integrated brake on the radial stop-dogs3. Very high rigidity with radial loads due to the undercut design4. 15% more tensile strength (compared to the best old E4 series), extended unsupported length through improved stop-dog system and vertical radial stops5. e-chain® crossbars removable from both sides6. Wide plastic crossbars – cable-friendly7. Optimised sliding surfaces – long service-life8. Smooth outer contours, less dirt adhesion9. Varied interior separation10. Strain relief possible with strain relief crossbar on the mounting bracket11. Pivoting mounting brackets which can be attached from any side12. Alternatively available with Reverse Bend Radius, also on both sides (RBR version) E 4.21 series available in the ESD product range Series E4.21 ESD
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 30 mm (at 1.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 30.5 mmChain links per m: 33Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 2.0 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 1.25 m travel = 2.5 m
From 10 m to max. 120 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 120 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4.0m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Integrated mounting system
Modular interior separation
10 widths and 7 bend radii
e-chain® opener tools for easy opening and closing of E4 series igus® e-chains®
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 1: standard Note: Please observe a minimum clearance of 13mm from the side links! As standard, igus® separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link! Standard separator T2102 Is used for vertical separation. The slot allows basic vertical/horizontal shelving arrangements. Only for Bi>030 Locking separator T2101 Due to special notches in the crossbars of the e-chain®, it can be locked/fixed in position in 2 mm increments. The separator cannot slide sideways during operation. Only for Bi>030 Strain relief separator T2103.Z can be integrated into the mounting bracket and placed in any position. Simultaneous strain relief and interior separation of the e-chains®. Full-width shelf 110.X Recommended if many small cables with similar or same diameters are used. Full-width shelves can be arranged in steps of 5mm on 3 levels.
Plastic - pivoting
The standard - plastic, one end pivoting
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration