1. Straight running due to inner/outer link design 2. Low-noise running due to built-in brake in the radial stop-dogs 3. The undercut design ensures very high rigidity and load capacity with radial loads 4. 15% more tensile strength (compared to the best old E4 series), better unsupported length due to improved stop-dog system and vertical radius stops 5. New crossbar for faster assembly/disassembly available 385.X. Q 6. New interior separation system increases the service life of your cables by up to factor 4 7. "No camber" version possible simply by rotating the outer link; no rework required 8. Crossbars can be removed from both sides of the e-chain® 9. Lid for e-tube can be pivoted open and removed 10. Wide plastic crossbars – cable-friendly 11. Optimised gliding surfaces – long service-life 12. Smooth outer contours, less dirt adhesion 13. Strain relief separator can be fitted in the mounting bracket IPA classification - Report IG 1303-640, tested E4.32.10.063.0 E 4.32 series available in the ESD product range Series E4.32 ESD
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 40 mm (at 2 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 56mmChain links per m: 18Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A: fill weight = 4.0 [kg/m] unsupported length FLB = 2.4 m travel = 4.8 m
From 10 m to max. 200 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 200 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 7.0m and 10m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
2 mounting bracket variants
Modular interior separation
31 widths and 10 bend radii
e-chain® opener tools for easy opening and closing of E4 series igus® e-chains®
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: standard
Option 2: standard
Option 3: Optional
Option 4: Optional
Standard 01 As standard, igus® separators are mounted every second chain link! 42.1 Standard - for all purposes Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and stability in e-chains® and e-tubes. 42.3 For many thin cables Separator with narrow base for many thin cables fitted side by side. Space-saving, secure footing – for e-chains® and e-tubes. Also available for QuickLock crossbars. 42.4 For e.g. side-mounted applications Asymmetrical separator, results in defined clearance and spacers can be dispensed with. For e-chains® and e-tubes. 3200.X horizontal interior separation Locks securely into the separator at both ends, allowing a fixed width. Can be used as a full-width shelf for integrated interior separation or as a shelf for modular shelving at three levels.
Standard 02 As standard, igus® separators are mounted every second chain link! 32.2 Faster installation of cables Separator for igus® openable crossbar 385.X. Q. One side with wide base for secure seating, opposite side is narrow for easy cable installation (light clamping). Can also be used in e-tubes. 32.5 Locks in securely in 5mm increments Notch separator for notch crossbar with scaling. Can be positioned precisely. For e-chains® and e-tubes. Recommended for side-mounted applications. 3200.X horizontal interior separation Locks securely into the separator at both ends, allowing a fixed width. Separators can be moved freely over the shelf in horizontal direction and can be fitted at one height.
Option 3: Optional Tested and proven interior separation elements for flexible interior separation! Height slot separator 297 Fast installation - can be retrofitted in existing separation system without dismantling (top and bottom notches cannot be used for shelves) Height slot separator 291For very fine interior separation. No retrofitting into an existing interior separation system without dismantling the interior separation. Quick separator T323 For fast retrofitting of separation system or for installation without dismantling the interior separation. Locking separator 293 For environments with very high humidity (> 85%). Locks with extra retention force. Recommended: one locking separator per e-chain® link. Shelves 386.X For horizontal separation. Shelves of various widths can be arranged in steps of 7mm on 3 levels (not in combination with 3804, 383).
Option 4: Optional Tested and proven interior separation elements for flexible interior separation! Middle plate 288 for modular shelving with shelves 386.X (see table below) with height increments of 7 mm (in 3 levels). Side plate 286 like middle plate. Allows modular shelving right up to the side links. No clearance required! Shelves 386.X For horizontal separation. Shelves of various widths can be arranged in steps of 7mm on 3 levels (not in combination with 3804, 383).
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: noise dampening strip
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 97.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 97.31
Installation sets, Part No. 97.50. XX
Support tray - Type 01
Data protection declaration